Sunday, December 21, 2008

Prego Log #12: Baby, please.


And no, I don't think this is real.


Are you kidding me with this? I know that technically I am still 9 days before my due date and that some people wait for one or two weeks after their due date to actually deliver, but not me. I'm done.

I have been walking around at a four (or if you are Dr. V- a six) for two weeks. Lets get serious and get this little person moving, shall we?

I have had been given advice on how to jump start labor by many different people and so far nothing has worked. Well, I've tried almost everything they have suggested. I won't run. I won't jump on the tramp. And I won't drink Castor Oil- as much as I would like labor to start, I'm sure I will already be puking- I don't really want the big D as well.

I think I'm just super impatient because I thought the baby was coming when I went to the hospital the first time. And then I thought for sure the baby was coming the second time we went to the hospital. And when I finally realized that it wasn't coming for a while, my mind was changed again; my friend, Erin Graybill, who was due on the same day as I am, had her baby yesterday! Unreal! She called me in the morning. I'm at a 1. Then later that night- "Cicely! I had my baby!"

Don't get me wrong. I'm so excited for you Erin, I'm just jealous. Crazy jealous.

Anyway, I'm still pregnant. And still complaining.

11 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Hahaha!! That is just like me, I only had my baby like 5 days after my due date, but I knew so many people who were due after me and they all had theirs before me... I was soooo jealous!!!! hahah.. you will probably have it sooo soon!! YAY!! I am so excited to see pictures:)

Alesha said...

Ya I swear I hear that all the time, going into labor early then when the time is supposed to come it doesnt, whats up with that? Good luck!

Allison said...

I know your already probably doing this. but sex every other day. Hey it made owen come 10 days late and eli 6 days early. Its called science. And its perfect. Good luck.

Emily N said...

I'm sure you've done everything I did but here are a few anyway. Are you taking evening primrose oil? My midwife swore by it- in huge quantities. I was gulping those capsules like they were cheetos. I also drank quite a bit of red raspberry leaf tea. I did all kinds of nutso things too. I hope something ends up working for you soon! By the way, how far did you get with Miles?

erin said...

Suiteness,

Sorry to do that to you. Does it make you feel any better if I tell you I have been jealous of you my whole life?? I hope tonight is the night. I want hear any news a-sap. I love you and good luck!

Paul said...

Hey girlie...you still prego? ;-)

Becky said...

How about eggplant parmesan? Or using the breast pump...Emily did both of those too! Something worked. Probably after all that, it was just the right time. Good luck!!!

Dibbers said...

Cic, my heart breaks for you. The end is torture!! Hang in there girl. p.s. Your post on the five year anniversary was hillarious! Almost peed my pants. I love your posts

Alice said...

I'm hoping that while I write this comment you're in the hospital pushing out a sweet baby girl. . . but if not, I too swear by the raspberry herb tea.

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

love you girl, and I already love that new baby girl. I just would do it everyday my last week, and walked a lot! but you guys are freezing up there i'm sure

dave&abby johnson family said...

Congrats cic! Can't wait for you guys to post pics of the new bebe!!!