Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Best Christmas Present Ever.

I've decided to write our experience in verse. Here goes:

Twas the night of the sabbath, December 21st
I was having contractions, but I've had much worse.
We ate supper at the Dickinsons which was made from the heart
And the cramps that I had were about 7 minutes apart.

We watched a poor movie and when it got through
They were five minutes apart for more than an hour or two.
It was midnight that I convinced Dave that the time was near
I made a quick call and Bam! the Blatters were here.

We rushed to the hospital. The winds were a blowin'
I was worried we wouldn't make it the way the blizzard was goin'.
I was nervous and anxious and it may have been said
That visions of car birthing snuck in my head.

Alas, we made it and we were both still alive
when the nurse came to check me she said, "I'd say you're a five."
So we walked and we walked and we walked some more
And the contractions got harder than they felt before.

45 minutes of walking was heaven
"Good work team Cain! You are now at a seven."
The time was getting closer- so my water she broke
And the cramps hurt so bad I thought I would croak.

About 30 minutes of those horrible things
And I was about to give the anesthesiologist a ring.
When in came the midwife and checked me again-
"You can do it, Cicely. You're nearing a ten."

"I can do it," I thought, if Dave is beside me,
He can talk me through it, he can help me and guide me.
And away went my emotions, my sanity, my voice
I wanted to stop crying and shaking, but I had no choice.

The pain was so bad that I thought I'd pass out
And the crazy grunting noises I made- I could do without.
But looking into my perfect husband's eye
Was the only way I could make it if I didn't want to die.

It took a few pushes, and the worst possible pain
To get the most beautiful present- little baby girl Cain.

She came and she laid on my chest and I knew
That all of the pain that pregnancy put me through
Was nothing at all. None of it real.
This little precious person in seconds made me feel
That though pain and discomfort is no fun at all
I could do it forever to touch this little doll.

She was 7 lbs. 5 oz. and 21 inches long
Her little squeaks in her voice is like listening to a song.
She is the most beautiful miracle. I can never complain
And I will love her forever- my daughter, Faye Suite Cain.



Some pictures of my baby.





25 comments:

Alesha said...

Cicely what a cute poem! She is beautiful.

jolyne77 said...

Ohhh my sweet friend...you DID do it all natural...didn't you. You're my hero girl...honest. You're awesome. All I can say is...nicely done Cicely. Very nicely done. She is gorgeous you know.

I do hope you've had a wonderful Christmas...if you need anything, call. We're here.

Again...nicely done...she's absolutely perfect.

erin said...

Amazing. She is gorgeous. You don't look too bad yourself. You are a soldier my friend.

Alice said...

Faye--wow, did you guys just barely come up with that? It's so perfect.

Is the 22nd Joseph Smith's birthday--or the first day of winter or something? Fun poem. She's definitely a Cain--absolutely gorgeous.

So. . . I feel kind of silly. I didn't hear that you had gone into labor (I must've been off the phone tree this time :D), so I hope we didn't bug you when we came caroling. I totally would have called first if I'd known. Oops.

Blatter said...

So, I think you should have been a poet! Loved the poem, great skills. Faye is adorable and we loved watching Miles. Ricky just hollered we are happy to watch him anytime. Congratulations on everything! Although, now that you are all done . . . that means I AM NEXT! AHH! I may be calling you for lots of advice to prepare!

Aimee said...

The poem made me cry. Honestly, what a delight!

Faye is beautiful. Nice work, Cicely.

Love from Scott too.

Jamie and MJ said...

congrats wow natural child birth you are way cooler then I will ever be. She is beautiful. Good luck. Love the poem you are so creative.

The Johnson's said...

You are so funny with your poems! I am so amazed you did it natural, I would totally die! Congrats again, she really is a doll!

Emily N said...

The poem was awesome and tear jerking. The baby is even more awesome and inspires more tears. She is gorgeous. Congratulations tons and tons! I'm glad you got what you wanted for Christmas.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Sweet poem Cic! She is so beautiful!!! I can't wait to see her in person! I am so proud of you, what a neat experience. I am so glad that I had Aspen all natural, now for any of my other children, I don;t need too! :)
But it was a wonderful joy to have gone through!

Allison said...

Look at you doing it natural. I am jealous or your strength! For seriousness. Congrats

Tiffany said...

I love the poem! Congrats! I had been thinking about you...and I knew that you would have that precious little girl early! Funny thing...I talked to my cousin Faye Sunday night...the first time in ten years! So cute!

Talen and Amber said...

Cicely you are amazing...the poem was great, but a natural delivery?!? I was asking for the epidural before I was even a five and you were only thinking about it when they said you were a 7? Like I said...you're amazing! Faye sure looks like a beautiful little girl...congratulations!!

Southern Belle said...

She is so so adorable!!! Congratulations!!! Very cute poem too!!! Hope you are doing well:)

Cain said...

I love her! Can't wait to see you guys! Love you!

Lacey Robinson said...

Cicely...she is so beautiful, I can't wait to see that little face & smooch it in person! I am so glad that she is here and you are no longer miserable!!! Congrats!

The Hills said...

Congratulations Cicely, she's darling!

Becky said...

Wow, you are the best blogger I know! What a wonderful entry. I remember when you were having Miles, and you said, "Why would anyone go natural? I want to feel no pain." What a change!!! I'm totally impressed. And Fay is gorgeous. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

She is beautiful like her mom! Congratulations Cicely!

Emily

J Fo said...

She is perfect! I think that you need to print this poem and frame it or put it in her baby book. So sweet and surprisingly coherant for the mother of a newborn who is probably lacking a lot of sleep. Well done!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

So Amazing. I love this darling story! She's going to love it when she grows up! Congrats. You did good.

The Johnson Family said...

I am so excited to return from my trip to find...you had your sweet baby girl. She is so cute!! (Glad I have one of those on order). I am also glad to hear everything went so well. See you soon.

Nick and Deanne said...

Impressive poem! Congrats - I'm so excited to hear about Faye. Can't wait to see her in person. And I can't believe you did it all without an epidural. I'm dying and seriously impressed!

Katie said...

What a cutie! Way to go! I cannot believe you did that cute poem. How fun. I am so impressed. We are so happy for you. Hooray!

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

BRILLIANT!!