Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Prego Log #11: My Hospital Woes.

Alright. I have been avoiding blogging about this because there is so much to say and I don't want to write it all. So, I've decided to make it as painless as possible and give the easiest and quickest report that I can...

Craziness #1:

Tuesday night: Miles plays and is normal, but has had no interest in food for a while. I start having some serious contractions.

Tuesday bedtime: Miles cries and it worries me. I bring him down to lay with me and BAM! puke city. Again and again. More contractions for me.

Tuesday late til Wednesday morning: Miles wakes up every half hour to dry heave. He is the sickest I have ever seen him.

Wednesday mid morning: I try giving him a tablespoon of water and he can't keep that down. We are off to the doctor.

Wednesday noon: Doctor's orders- we are off to the hospital. I'm having contractions galore.

We stay at the hospital for two days. Miles has Rotavirus. You can't cure it- just wait it out. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen. He has a few bags of IV fluids slowly dripping into his body and seems like he is in some sort of coma. I've never seen anything like it. Nothing compares to watching your child suffer. I am just not strong enough to handle stuff like that. My poor baby.

Thursday morning: Dave comes to the hospital to be with Miles so I can make my pregs appointment. I promise to be back in no more than 1 hour.

Craziness #2:

Doctors appointment- 45 minutes later: I call Dave literally hyperventilating. The doctor tells me I am dilated to a 6 and that there is a lot of stress on the baby. She sends me to the hospital to possibly start labor. Of course, it is not the same hospital that Miles is at. I realize that I haven't slept in three days and I am more than falling apart emotionally.

I have never been as stressed out.

I have never been such a wreck.

Thursday afternoon: David meets me at the hospital after Miles finally gets discharged. I start to de-stress. No labor. Less contractions.

Thursday night: I'm going home. The doctor at the hospital says I'm only at a 4 (So dilation is pretty subjective then?) and that I could go anytime. Most likely over the weekend... I get to go home.

Friday: Nothing. Maybe 2 contractions.

Saturday: Nothing. In fact, besides feeling like a bowling ball is about to drop into my pants, I feel like my pregnancy is going backwards in time. No contractions. What the nuts is going on?

Craziness #3:

Sunday: My water breaks. I call the doctor. Off to the hospital again.

Sunday afternoon: My water didn't break. I'm an idiot and I have just wasted one more full day of study time for David. Worst wife ever.

And now it is Wednesday at 9:30 in the pm. I'm fat as can be. I can barely put on my socks. And my body believes I am in my second trimester again. I'm pretty sure when I go to the doctor tomorrow- she will tell me that I am only dilated to a 1 and that she expects the baby will come sometime in February. I can see it happening.

Anyway, that is my story. Miles was sick. And I was in false labor and then thought I was in labor, but I was false.

If my husband were here he would say: "Cool story Hansel."

It is a cool story. Oh, wait... "cool" probably isn't the word I'm looking for. I think it's probably something more like "crappy."

***************************

Here is a list of people I would like to thank for helping me out during this crazy time:

-David. Who had absolutely no time to do any of this and who managed to put his family first- even during finals week. I love you more than you can possibly imagine.

-Momma Suite. Who was literally on a plane within minutes of me calling her to come out here and help. She made 4 connecting flights and traveled all day when she should've been at home taking care of so many other things. I'm so grateful for her love and selflessness. She is the most amazing woman that I know.

-The Hursts. For dropping all of their going-ons to come give Miles a blessing at 7:30 in the morning and for driving David, me and the car all around town to get us safely where we needed to be. Not to mention watching sick Miles while Dave and I were at the hospital. We are so grateful to have such good friends.

-Everyone else. I can't even begin to tell you how many people called, emailed, or stopped by to see if there was anything they could do for us- be it here or in Utah.

I am overwhelmed with the generosity of our friends here in Erie. I didn't even know that people knew what was going on and everyone was so amazing. The ward is truly our family and I am so grateful that I have so many people I can trust and lean on in any crisis. I really love you guys.

I was even getting calls from Utah, Ohio and West Virgina. (Does someone have a phone tree I don't know about?) I am so blessed to have such good friends and family all over.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

10 comments:

Alesha said...

Awe Laura told me a lot of this when I talked to her the other day! CRAZY! How sad about Miles and how sad about you! Freak, I hope next time you think you are in labor or your water breaks...it really has! Ü

Cicely said...

I just realized how long this post was. you all better be grateful I didn't tell you the WHOLE story.

wink.


Alicia-

Me too. To the max.

em said...

Hello - yes it has been a crazy week for you guys! I was a little excited when I thought I would get to meet "baby girl Cain" before I go to Utah. I guess not. I'm happy as long as everyone it healthy though!!! We love you guys.

The Johnson Family said...

I have thought about you guys a lot, wondering if baby cain had made her appearance yet. I guess there is still hope for me winning at that guessing game. I hope everything goes really well when it really goes. Let me know if you need anything at all.

The Johnson's said...

So sad! I would die. You are such a trooper! your kids are lucky to have you as a mommy!. I hope baby girl Cain comes soon and all is well with her and miles too. Good Luck (send me your address.. blackpearl381@gmail.com)

Loves

Allison said...

so you PEE'D!!

yuck o ramma

Oh wait, that was me at 36 weeks preggo with OJD. Nice to hear you can look back and laugh. Hope you can get some sleep before she does come. "you're gonna need it" ;-) ;-) love ya.

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Cic,
I'm glad you're finally write this crazy escapade... I'm also happy you have such an amazing support system in Erie...

Does that mean you can send mom back to SLC to take care of me? I miss her desperately. She decided to spend the month of December in PA apparently... ;)

Love,
The Girl with the Sty

PS. Have you sung Mel Torme's Sun Valley Serenade yet in our honor?

jolyne77 said...

Aren't you glad that whole week is over? Now...you can just focus on sweet baby girl Cain...whenever she decides to make her arrival. You know you have adequate support from friends and family and people are always on site to help you, should you need of some......help...that is. Wow that sounded bad there for a second.

It was good to chat with you the other night. You seriously are S0 cute, even though you may not think you look it...you do.

Let us know if we can do anything...

me

Katie said...

Oh Cicely. I am sooooooo sorry for everything you have been through.I cannot even imagine how awful that was. You deserve the best labor after all that. Good luck!

Amanda and Andy Hansen said...

Holy crap that sounds like the week from HE(double hockey stick). I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully Dave did okay on his finals despite it all. Andy had an interview in Cleveland for residency. If we end up moving there we might be kind of close to ya!