Thursday, May 19, 2011

He's gone.

This is the first of many months without Dave this year.

Last week was sunny and lovely and outsidey and busy. I did okay. I missed him after the kids went to bed, but the week went by pretty quick.

This week is rainy and wet and boring. I'm not doing well. This 4 days has felt more like 4 weeks for realsies. And he is on call this weekend which means he will most likely not be coming home then.

Did I mention he left his phone here?

An email a day is not sufficient in my book.

Luckilly, my dear friend ReAnn is having a baby today(!!!) and I get to watch her kids which means that maybe my kids (and I) won't be so bored.

ps. I know I'm not an army wife and I shouldn't be complaining, but I am probably not going to stop any time soon.

Love you, Dave.
-Cicely

4 comments:

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

I'll call you today and talk about myself so I can take your mind off your woes.

Tiffany said...

You should pack the kids and come out here! It's only a four hour drive!

Cicely said...

He came back last night to surprise me!

Tiff- I can't come out there because Miles has school, but come here and hang out with us! It would be perfect!!! For reals. Please!!!

Marilyn said...

That is no fun that your hubby has to be out of town so much. I am sure it will pay off eventually.
You have some cute posts. I love your commentary on the pics. :)